Welcome to the Nursing team
The Inclusion Nursing team
The Inclusion Nursing team consists of qualified nurses and health care support workers who work to promote the health and wellbeing of children and young people with complex health, additional needs, autism and Learning disability attending the Specialist Inclusion Centre.
We achieve this through working in partnership with children, young people, parents, carers, education and other professionals involved in their care.
Our key areas of focus are:
- To promote opportunities for children and young people to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- To work in partnership to support families where children are in need of protection.
- Assessment of nursing needs of children and young people, completing care plans and setting goal-based outcomes.
- To provide support, advice and information on health issues to children, young people, parents, carers, education staff and other professionals.
- To provide training and mentorship to education, the voluntary sector, parents and medical and nursing students.
- To promote healthy lifestyles within the home and school environment, 1:1 or group.
- Joint attendance at specialist clinics within specialist inclusive learning centre with pediatricians, nurse led clinics, and feeding clinics.
- To deliver immunisation: HPV, DPT and Men ACWY.
Sophie Ledge (Lead Nurse) – 07510 921601
Joanna Winters (Inclusion Service Staff Nurse) – 07939 808541
Leanne Huntington (Healthcare Support Worker)
Telephone: 0113 8314222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org